Friday, August 7, 2009

Do Drinking and Dancing only go together?

Don’t mix drinking with driving! Walk when you talk! But don’t talk when you drive. Making its mark amongst all these pairs is that of ‘Drinking & Dancing’. While it’s a democracy and people have the right to differ, I think they make a great ‘couple’.

Dancing – so tiring, yet so refreshing. One can of beer was just the fuel that was needed. I dare say that I never enjoyed dancing like this, ever before. While the body energy levels had subsided considerably, my EQ (Enthusiasm Quotient; a self-patented acronym) was right up there. And I was dancing for as long as I could. I just didn’t want to stop. (Screw u CR!) And for a change, I wasn’t giving a damn as to what would ‘some people’ think about my steps. I wasn’t over-conscious, nor did a FOSTER’S can manage to make me ‘un-conscious’. The overall feeling was just amazing. Yeah, the atmosphere was electric. Guys were cool and the gals were hot! DJ too didn’t ‘suck’. Though I enjoyed it thoroughly, I believe there should be a digital display of lyrics somewhere (celing/wall/wherever) so that musical nerds like me can sing… ok hum along while dancing. The pleasure increases manifold when one knows what one is dancing to!! Most notably, I didn’t repeat the blunder of ‘sporting’ an open footwear to a disco. A never ending photo session followed. Although I was very ecstatic, I had a low strike rate as far as smiling in pics was concerned. Ironical, I know.

Sutra was way better than JW Marriott or Rockbottom. ACs seemed to be working, floor had space to dance, and the cozy feeling was also not missing. Yes, few more complimentary cans would have been great! However, I must say “Well done Students’ Council”. For all the thrashing and bashing you people receive, you guys deserve this compliment.

Reached home the last amongst my roomies and continue to live up to the title of ‘rent payer only’ in my flat J

No comments:

Post a Comment